Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday and Sunday Updates

Sunday, Mommy and Daddy Keep Their Eyes On The Prize:
THIS is why we are here.....our Prize!!!! I went through a bunch of old photos and videos of Tucker, boy I cant wait to hold him and watch him dance again.....but we will see these things again and THAT is what I need to focus on and remember. He is the joy in our lives and everyone he touches..... he puts a smile on my face and lightens my heart.

(Video is Circa June 18th, 2009-3 days before he went to Boston)

Saturday, Nurses went A-Fishing:
Today didn't start off good for me, or Tucker today. I woke up around 5 to someone trying (yet again) to get an iv in Tuck.....another fishing expedition. When I say fishing expedition, I mean it. The needle is in the arm and they are pulling it out to stick it back in, moving it from side to side, pulling it out and pushing it more to the left or right,,,,FISHING!!!! I got up, asked why....he had a fever and they needed to get blood cultures. "He had coils in the cath lab done just a few hours ago and fevers are going to happen after that. " Please stop, use one of the 3 ports that have access already.!!!!!! I lay down, fall back to sleep to wake up to someone else "looking" for a spot to try again for an iv...... OK, enough!!! I found the doctors and had a word. I know the nurse was doing as she was told --by the dumb ass that told her to do it---but the --dumb ass-- that told her too should have known, or put two and two together, as I DID, that fevers occur after coiling. Shouldn't they have known that, or thought of that instead of jumping right to infection. Not to mention we are already on antibiotics.....HELLO!!

So I talk to the doctors and tell them to STOP!!!! Tucker had a rough day yesterday. He came back from cath with ivs in 3 of his 4 limbs, then they paralyze him again to poke and scrape his eyes, dilate them....and now you are trying to poke him again! He is done, I am done... this all before 8am.

So, then another NEW nurse that has never had Tucker. YUP, can you believe it. So, I am not even sure what time it was, not long after and Dr Del Nido comes in to say the chest x-ray looks better today that he thought the coils they did do would make a difference. Tucker is awake and starting to become MORE awake. He grabs the vent tube and starts pulling it out....luckily Del nido was close and grabbed it. Long story short....Tucker's dex drip (sedation drug) was not hooked up and was leaking on to the bed...I found it there. Tucker was awake and PISSED off! The nurse is trying to hold him down, a NO we had to try to recapture him once again. Got him plugged back in the drip, gave him 7 mils of versed and some choral hydrate and after 50 minutes he finally hit the wall and was out until 7pm tonight.

This was our day.....and I am not even going to talk about the respiratory therapist that did the suctioning today. UGH...I will say, she asked me to help her hold things as she did her job..she needed extra hands she said! ( can you just say, I was going to kill someone)

I hope, for Todd's sanity, that I have a different nurse tomorrow. He hates it when I am not comfortable with what is going on.....but today, even he was not sure of the care that was being given. Our boy is too precious and too sensitive to change for someone to come in and make careless mistakes.

♥ Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope things get better!